New Administrator at ILHS

Alumnus starts new position this year in “old” school

New Administrator at ILHS

Addison McKeown, Cub Reporter

Elizabeth Bryant is a new administrator for the new Indian Land High School 2021-2022 school year.  

Bryant graduated from Indian Land High School in 1994 and returned years later to be a school librarian for a couple years and then went to the Lancaster County School District office as an instructional specialist for technology. This year she switched to assistant principal at Indian Land High.  

“Every experience teaches us something that we can take away later, so I’m excited to see what this year will hold,” Bryant said.  

Bryant loves Indian Land with her whole heart, often jokes “she bleeds blue.” She is very invested in the community, part of family lives here, she got to watch the community grow from a rural setting to suburban setting and just feels so fit in here. 

Her expanded role at Indian Land with being an assistant principal is the testing for the school. She is the testing coordinator and coordinates everything from MAP testing to SAT and ACT. 

She also monitors D-hall in mornings and afternoons going along with extra responsibilities she has. 

She doesn’t know what the future holds as an assistant principal, but she knows she has a passion for curriculum and instruction. 

But said this is what she goes by “coaching, communication, collaboration, community, commitment, focused.”